20 Famous Quotes for your DEV Inspiration ✨🧙♂️
1. "An investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
Before investing in material things, invest in knowledge. It will be persistent and let you achieve your career goals.
2. "Knowing is not enough; We must apply. Willing is not enough; We must do." - Bruce Lee
Make use of online sandboxes or create small pet-projects on every skill you learn. Practical skills are what matters the most.
3. "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." - Aristotle
Pick your tech-stack and become an expert in it. Don't try to be 'Jack of all trades', as you will ultimately end up being "Master of none".
4. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." - Lao Tzu
Tutorials will not make you think. Read official documentation and open-source instead and try to come up with a solution yourself. Become independent.
5. "You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing, and by falling over." - Richard Branson
Don't expect your solutions will always work properly and be complete. Treat each failure as a valuable experience, a lesson learned.
6. "A problem well-put is half-solved." - John Dewey
Each task starts with defining a problem. It's an art itself. Make sure it is well defined and scaled.
7. "Wisdom is learning what to overlook." - William James
The biggest skill today is to learn what not to learn. Know the resources and the indexes, not the content.
8. "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the ax." - Abraham Lincoln
Treat preparation as a priority. Install all the apps, extensions, tools. Configure the settings that work best for you before doing actual work.
9. "It is not that I’m so smart. But I stay with the questions much longer." - Albert Einstein
Sharpen your brain to stay competitive. Solve puzzles, sudoku, play chess. Do some code challenges in your spare time.
10. "Teaching is the highest form of understanding." - Aristotle
Write blogs, create tutorials, explain what you have learned. Teaching others is a win-win, as that way you learn the best yourself.
11. "Stay hungry. Stay foolish." - Steve Jobs
Be a sponge for new information. Follow quality blogs and people for the latest trends in the industry.
12. "Smooth seas do not make skillful sailors." - African Proverb
Challenge yourself as you go. Easy tasks aren't going to help you grow.
13. "No problem can withstand the assault of sustained thinking." - Voltaire
Split the problem into smaller pieces, solve it bit by bit. Ask for help if necessary.
14. "Ideas without action aren’t ideas. They’re regrets." - Steve Jobs
Work on your side-projects. Implement your ideas before someone else does.
15. "Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow." - Anthony J. D’Angelo
Set your goals for your learning path and reward yourself. Make learning as a fun part of your daily routine.
16. "The noblest pleasure is the joy of understanding." - Leonardo da Vinci
Use all those exciting 'A-ha!' moments during the learning as fuel to push you forward.
17. "Perfection is achieved not when there is nothing more to add, but rather when there is nothing more to take away." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Try not to over-engineer things without a cause. The less is more while you can provide the requested features.
18. "Find a job you enjoy doing, and you will never have to work a day in your life." - Mark Twain
Find a niche that matters to you. The world is full of opportunities.
19. "Success is a journey, not a destination." - Arthur Ashe
If you have already started, you are on the right track. You are the driver and that's the beauty of it.
20. "Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up." - Thomas A. Edison
Writing has always been my passion and it gives me pleasure to help and inspire people. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out!
Subscribe to my Blog for more articles like this.